- open links in new tabs – here, I’m referring mostly to sidebar links, like your blogroll. You don’t want to lose readers to another blog when they might intend to come back.
- link images!!!! I am always so disappointed when I go to click on an image and I think it’s going to go directly to where I can buy something, only to find that it just goes to the page-holder for the image itself. if you’re featuring an image captured from another blog or magazine, link to the source (also credit it underneath – there’s no such thing as TOO much credit). if it’s just an outfit post, don’t link it at all – not even to the image itself.
- make your RSS feed easy to find & subscribe to – DO NOT just rely on the icon in the URL bar of browsers.
- have an option where readers can sign up to get your RSS feed via e-mail. I do this with MailChimp and love the flexibility I have with the design and the timing of the e-mails this way vs. just using feedburner. your RSS e-mails should be as interesting as your blog…
- make it as easy as possible for users to comment – use the akismet plugin for wordpress to capture spam, use the commentluv plugin to feature commenters latest posts, and allow the commenter to comment using their name/URL. I don’t know if this is a Blogger thing or not, but there are so many Blogger blogs I want to comment on that make me use my google account, which doesn’t link anyone to anything….I’ll still comment if I REALLY love the blog, but I’m always more inclined to leave a comment if my blog is linked.
- make your twitter link easy to find so your readers can interact with you in “real time.”
What do you guys think? Any other ideas on how to make your fashion blog more user-friendly?
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.